East Coast/Midwest – Laura Tonelli, Super Connector Media
West Coast – Kim Marshall, The Marshall Plan
AMERICA’S TOP ENTREPRENEURS, ATHLETES, & ENTERTAINERS COME TOGETHER TO SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESS
CovAID BUSINESS FESTIVAL
Thursday, May 21st - Friday, May 22nd 8am- 4pm pst
Created and Hosted by Best-Selling Author & Speaker, Scott Duffy
Title Sponsor: SAP Concur
Los Angeles, CA – Scott Duffy – a best-selling author, speaker, and creator of the popular “What Now with Scott Duffy” series, announces CovAID, a FREE two-day virtual event, May 21-22 from 8am-4pm pt, to help provide entrepreneurs with the tools and training necessary to succeed during these unprecedented times.
According to a recent survey by Main Street America, around 57% of businesses saw revenue drop by 75% or more due to Covid-19. Eight in 10 have already closed temporarily as a result of the coronavirus crisis. Furthermore, 30 million people have applied for unemployment in the last six weeks, even more than during the Great Depression.
As a result of Covid-19’s sweep through the nation, Duffy started getting calls from entrepreneurs struggling to save their business or being forced to shut down, employees who were laid off or furloughed, and contractors who saw all of their consulting agreements disappear overnight. Because of his own experience, he knew first hand what they were going through. He didn’t want anyone to feel alone or without resources.
That’s why he created CovAID, to help provide the tools and training necessary to come out of this crisis even stronger. Each attendee will receive a FREE “Virtual Gift Bag” filled with tools and resources to help them move forward. Technology giant SAP Concur is the title sponsor; Events.com is amongst several others supporting sponsors. The show is being produced by KNEKT, the award-winning live stream producers of shows like the Daytime Emmys and some of the largest concert events worldwide. Content will be shared via Facebook, YouTube, Periscope, Twitter, Twitch, Apple TV, Roku, Vimeo, and more.
Duffy, who started his career working for Tony Robbins, was a successful tech executive, sold a company to Richard Branson’s Virgin Group, then lost it all in the 2008 market crash. He went nearly $400,000 in debt, couldn’t pay his bills, and ended up in the hospital due to the stress. All before turning things around.
“I understand what it feels like to go through tough times, said Duffy. To feel alone and without resources. To be in a place where I couldn’t see my way out. Everyone I’ve met that’s been successful has their story to tell about working through tough circumstances and what they learned along the way. Our speakers want to share those stories to help others. That is the spirit of what we’re doing here. That’s what the CovAID Business Festival is all about.”
While the event is free to attend, the CovAID Business Festival will be raising money for Eat REAL – an organization who helps feed children and their families. Due to schools being shut down, 30 million kids who depend on school meals for at least one meal a day are at risk.
During the event, Scott will be joined by some of America’s top entrepreneurs, entertainers, and athletes. Each will share their inspiring stories, practical lessons, and what they are doing now to pivot, adapt, and get through this crisis even stronger. A few of the nearly 40 speakers including Brian Smith, Founder of UGG Boots; Andre Reed, NFL Hall of Fame Wide Receiver; Jeff Hoffman, Founder of Priceline.com; Rob Angel, Founder of Pictionary and Grant Cardone, Founder of Cardone Capital. Please find a full list of speakers below.
Title Sponsor, SAP Concur’s Chief Marketing Officer, Chris Juneau states, “It’s an honor to be part of CovAID, in an effort to provide small-and-mid-size businesses the resources and support they need during these turbulent times. ”Juneau continues, “Scott Duffy’s vision to bring together well-known entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and experts to help struggling business owners – and anyone else facing professional challenges during the pandemic – is exactly what we need right now.”
For more information and to sign up for CovAID, please visit https://covaidbusinessfestival.com/.
ABOUT EAT REAL
Eat REAL helps schools keep food access sites open safely so they can keep serving these meals. Donations by CovAID supporters and participants will also help Eat Real connect food-insecure families with more food directly from farmers and restaurant suppliers. For each $1.00 donated, you help 10 meals be safely delivered to those who need them most. During CovAID, Eat REAL donors have offered to match donations dollar-for-dollar (up to $100K).
ABOUT SAP CONCUR
For more than two decades, SAP Concur has taken companies of all sizes and stages beyond automation to a completely connected spend management solution encompassing travel, expense, invoice, compliance and risk. SAP Concur’s global expertise and industry-leading innovation keep its customers a step ahead with time-saving tools, leading-edge technology and connected data, in a dynamic ecosystem of diverse partners and applications. User-friendly and business-ready, SAP Concur unlocks powerful insights that help businesses reduce complexity and see spending clearly, so they can manage it proactively. Learn more at concur.com or the SAP Concur blog.
FULL LIST OF SPEAKERS
- Brian Smith, Founder, UGG Boots
- Grant Cardone, Founder, Cardone Capital
- Elena Cardone, Founder, Cardone Capital
- Jeff Hoffman, Founder, Priceline.com
- Rob Angel, Founder, Pictionary
- Mitch Thrower, Founder, Events.com
- Brandon Steiner, Founder, Steiner Sports
- Amilya Antonetti, Crisis Manager & Founder, Genius Key
- Frank Shankwitz, Founder, Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Joe Theisman, NFL Quarterback & ESPN Broadcaster
- Andre Reed, NFL Hall of Fame Wide Receiver
- Greg Reid, Best-Selling Author
- David Meltzer, Author & Speaker, Former CEO Leigh Steinberg Sports
- Seth O’Byrne, Host, HGTV’s Hot Properties
- Michael Gorton, Founder, Teledoc
- Chase Jarvis, Founder, Creative Line
- Baron Baptise, Founder, Baptise Yoga
- Randy Garn, Founder & 2x Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year
- Julie Cottineau, Founder, BrandTwist & Former VP Brand, Virgin
- Les Brown, Motivational Speaker
- Barry Meguiar, Host, Car Crazy
- Alec Stern, Co-Founder Constant Contact
- Jen Gottlieb, VH1 Host & Co-Founder of Super Connector Media
- Forbes Riley, Founder, Spin Gym, Host at QVC & HSN
- Ryan Deiss, Founder, Digital Marketer
- Alex Kushneir, Co-Founder Icon Media
- Sean Whalen, Founder, Lions Not Sheep
- Sita Thompson, Founder, SITA Couture
- Gene McNaughton, President, GrowthSmart Consulting
- Lori Taylor, Founder, TruPet
- Greg Ward, Founder Center for Respectful Leadership
FACT SHEET: COVID-19’s IMPACT ON THE US ECONOMY
- 30.7 million small businesses on Main Street generate 50% of U.S. GDP.
- Around 57% of businesses saw revenue drop by 75% or more due to Covid-19, according to a recent survey by Main Street America.
- 33.5 million people have applied for unemployment in the last two months (more than during the Great Depression).
- 72% of all small business owners say the COVID outbreak is likely to have permanent effects on the way they run their business.
- The #1 employer in the world, the travel industry, could see job losses reach more than 100 million this year, according to an analysis by the World Travel and Tourism Council.
- Experts are expecting the economy to shrink by 40% in the first quarter.
- According to NYU’s Stern School of Business Professor Edward Altman, bankruptcies related to COVID-19 shutdowns will set records in the next 12 months.
- According to research from Oxford University, in Europe and the United States, suicide rates rise about 1% for every one percentage point increase in unemployment – that means 140,000 suicides for each percentage point. Lead research author Aaron Reeves said, “Sadly, I think there is a good chance we could see twice as many suicides over the next 24 months than we saw during the early part of the last recession.”